Friday, January 18, 2008

Foggy morning



I drove across town in the fog
this morning , thinking about England's
weather and praying for a friend's
test at work for her job: a nurse.
I was meeting another friend for
coffee in a book store.
Christmas is still going on with
some of my dear friends ...sort of
Epiphany visits in the New Year!
Both friends ~~ sisters in the Lord,
lovers of the pen and paper ( letters)
and beauty of family, books, encouragers.
A letter from either would put a sparkle
in your day!
I have been blessed with many "friends
for the journey." Luci Shaw and Madeleine
L'Engle wrote a book with that title. This
is in the front:

Slowly , and slower, you have learned to let yourselves grow strong while weaving through each other in strong cloth.....how rare
it is to be able to get into that kind of conversation with a friend that goes on for years and years and just continues underneath everything..." Marge Piercy

Friends for the Journey: Two Extraordinary Women Celebrate Friendships Made and Sustained Through the Seasons of Life




Thankfully, my daughter can keep
her schoolwork going. We had a
conversation yesterday about what
prejudice means , using Mr. Darcy
as the person we were discerning that
trait in . Soon we included Elizabeth
Bennett! She's only 10 and a half, but
so grown up as the "baby" in our family!
We picked up Persuasion on audio at the
library to listen to after watching
Masterpiece Theater's newest version
on Sunday night. And I picked up Somerset
LIFE magazine at the book-coffee shop!
It features two favorites: Corey of Tongue
in Cheek ( blog) and Pam Garrison.




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the quote. Very nice.

I checked out Persuasion from my branch of the library today. It's an Austen I haven't read and after seeing it on TV, I wanted the whole story.

Becca said...

So nice to find your blog ... I also have loved l'engle, shaw, carl larsson, etc. I'll be back to read more.

Bonnie said...

HI ~~~ I've got your blogs
bookmarked! Lovely ones. Thank
YOU!

Bonnie
Charlotte