Monday, March 31, 2008

Looking Forward to The Supper of the Lamb



Book Club Dinner of the above book
by Robert Capon on Thursday night.
I'm looking forward to it especially since
a dear friend is cooking for us! Last
Thursday was tragic. We had an accident
on the way to a class. Gordan (16) didn't see
a car coming through the intersection.
Thankfully, no one was seriously hurt. My
eye is still colorful: shades of purple. God
was with us. Cars can be replaced. Ours
has to be. I'm still sore and sort of teary
today.It's rainy. March going out like a
Lion!

This comforted me last Thursday
by Charles Spurgeon:

"We shall not enter heaven, dear friends, as a
dismantled vessel is tugged into harbor, but
that the whole ship shall be floated safely into
the haven, body and soul being safe."

Back to Julius Caesar~~ have to teach
it tomorrow!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bonnie, I'm so sorry about the wreck but so thankful you are all OK. I'll keep you in my prayers that your aches and pains and inner aches and pains will go away. Hugs to you and take care of yourself!

Bonnie said...

THANK YOU!
Yes, inner life was fragile today as
life after the weekend started.
Thank you for knowing that.

Bonnie

melissa said...

I woke up thinking about you, since I quickly read this post of yours last night. Praying for a more peaceful today for you.

I'd be weepy too.

Take care...

podso said...

I hope you are feeling better now. Something like that is such a shock and takes time to recover even without bruises. Looking forward to our supper of the lamb ... have loved the book!