Sunday, April 20, 2008

Lift High


I've not been in church for 3 weeks,
except last weekend was Grace Highlands
( isn't that a wonderful name for a church
in the mts) in Boone. A church plant , very
young, where the pastor is akin to Father Tim,
though younger. He has the college students to
his house over and over again....extending
home and conversation. This morning was
back in our church with violins, trumpets,
organ, even a harp. I felt lifted up in singing.
Everyone sang. They sang loudly, clapping
hands, moving to worship the Lord.We
didn't sing this song but as I left , I thought
about being lifted up and
"Lift High the Cross" to me:

Lift high the cross,
the love of Christ proclaim
till all the world adore
his sacred Name
.

And I can't get this out of my mind from
my readings this morning with tea:

"The Amen" Rev. 3:14

The word Amen solemnly confirms that which
went before; and Jesus is the great Confirmer;
immutable, forever is “the Amen” in all
his promises.

Jesus is Yea and Amen in all his offices. He was a
Priest to pardon and cleanse once, he is Amen as
Priest still. He was a King to rule and reign for his
people, and to defend them with his mighty arm,
he is an Amen King, the same still. He was a Prophet
of old, to foretell good things to come, his lips are
most sweet, and drop with honey still—he is an
Amen Prophet. He is Amen as to the merit of his blood;
he is Amen as to his righteousness. That sacred robe
shall remain most fair and glorious when nature
shall decay. He is Amen in every single title which
he bears; your Husband, never seeking a divorce;
your Friend, sticking closer than a brother; your
Shepherd, with you in death’s dark vale; your Help
and your Deliverer; your Castle and your High Tower;
the Horn of your strength, your confidence, your joy,
your all in all, and your Yea and Amen in all.

Spurgeon, Evening, April 19th.

I wrote in my journal all those NAMES ,
sort of like a family
tree .
Bow down . I will lift you up!

AMEN.




2 comments:

podso said...

Thanks, Bonnie. That's good to hear. I missed being there today but you gave a glimpse that helped me feel like I was there!

Sara at Come Away With Me said...

And to that, I can only say, "Amen!"

Isn't it great when the worship singing at church is uplifting like that...I love it.