Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Peach Cobbler, Fruit Pizza and Spritzers



Lovely cool evening on my friend's
porch , we ate and talked all about
Quotidian Mysteries by Kathleen
Norris. I came home last night blessed
and pondering the rich fellowship of the
saints! Good food, a good book, and
good friends.

We discussed the repetition of
responsibilities in the home to
marriage to the church. I felt
like another reread would be in
order. We all had so many of the
same passages underlined to share.
In the busyness of the urgent , so
many of the daily routines of "laundry"
and even in the Word can be pressed
out when they are what is the scaffolding
of our days.

"I have come to believe that the true
mystics of the quotidian are not those who
contemplate holiness in isolation, reaching
godlike illumination in serene silence, but
those who manage to find God in a life
filled with noise, the demands of other people,
and relentless daily duties that can consume
the self."

Thank you Lord for grace and the noise,
demands and duties of my life.


vinyard

"

1 comment:

melissa said...

Thanks so much for posting about your bookclub meeting. I got out my copy to look at this afternoon, and saw your post tonight.

It is a good book. Very restful, actually.