Friday, April 3, 2009

Spring Break


It sort of started today.
Gileskirk is on break , but I
have several books to read AND
"Q's Legacy" by Helen Hanff

"Q AND I FIRST MET on a summer morning
when I was eighteen, at the main branch of the
Philadelphia Public Library where I'd gon
e.....



came in the mail! Getting invitations
made and out tomorrow for an
Engagement Tea for my soon to be
daughter-in-law! Isn't that fun!
Having a dear sister to help and a
bridesmaid: my daughter to help
will be fun too!

The day is glorious. Just perfect to
welcome Spring. The wind is blowing,
the trees are budding with a general
haze of Spring Green ( although that
green is not it, you know what it looks like
and it is just here in Early Spring!)
Just glorious. Puts a good mood in
your day!


6 comments:

podso said...

It IS green! Today was beautiful. Trying to catch up but now jet lag has caught up. Look forward to seeing you soon. Love your blog, as always.

Sara at Come Away With Me said...

You are having (or had by this time) a great day!

Helene Hanff....a favorite author of mine. I discovered her books in 1994 and read everything I could find of hers. I wrote her a letter once to say how much I enjoyed her books and she sent me a nice note back; I've still got it.

Have you seen the movie 84, Charing Cross Road, or read the book? Just the sort of story every book lover would enjoy, and every book lover Anglophile especially!

Bonnie said...

Yes, Sara , I have. I'm so excited to start Q ( Arthur Quiller-Couch)
who taught so much to the Inklings!
What a treasure to have a note from her. WOW! You should write about that on your blog!

And Podso ~~ welcome home!

Bonnie

melissa said...

Now another book to find at the library here...thankfully they have it! I'd read the 84 Charing Cross one too, plus saw the movie with Ann Bancroft and Anthony Hopkins. Very sweet.

Thanks for sharing the first sentence too. Gripped me right away. :)

melissa said...

Hey Bonnie!

I have the bread recipe linked at the bread post, but here it is esp. for you. :)

http://vegweb.com/index.php?topic=5716.0

Yum!

Bonnie said...

Thanks!

Bonnie