Thursday, May 14, 2009

Taking an Afternoon Off


Evan and I went to the Mint
Museum today to see the exhibit
from New Orleans. ( free tickets!)
I knew that I needed to get away from
my "list" for the wedding and feed
myself on beauty. This son loves art but
is majoring in Accounting. Maybe one
day he will mix the two. When you have
a large family, it is wonderful to be in the
car with just one. Conversations from the
heart blossom and you get to know that
one's state of mind.

Monet was always thinking of light
when he painted. Here is the sturdy
village in the storm , strong and secure.
I love the beauty of a
"Larkrise to Candleford"
village of neighbors who hold each other
up through the storms. Monet painted that.


Snow at Giverny

http://www.newsobserver.com/content/multimedia/monet/exhibit_work/21.jpg

No comments: