Friday, July 31, 2009

could we stay please


That is what we always feel
as we drive away from the
beach. No different this after-
noon. We bring back a sense
of timelessness. That is worth
going there to get!!!

I finished my third reading of
Hannah Coulter by Wendell
Berry. I highly recommend it
for a first, second , or more times
of reading. He constructs the most
beautiful sentences. I still awaited
them like seeing the dawn rise ( well,
I'm not an early riser so how about
a sunset!!!). It always is extraordinary.
It always brings sighs because beauty
demands sighing. Praising.

2 comments:

podso said...

Glad you are back...missed you!

Sara at Come Away With Me said...

That does it...I'm going to get a copy online today! Couldn't find it at the One Dollar Bookstore...I'm certain I saw it there once and did not buy it, fool that I am.