Monday, December 14, 2009

Miss Oreo and the Christmas Tree





















This is what Oreo looks like ...and she did
almost do that. THIS is not Oreo but a photo
from our local animal shelter's site. A great
likeness to our kitten. She sort of sparkles
when she looks at the tree! She got out on a
limb this morning! I guess I could count it
all joy.

Counting it joy for the AMEN ( 7 pages of Amens)
at the end of The Messiah this past weekend.
My daughter said she has sung it 7 times in the
past two weeks! She is only 12. She probably was
the youngest in the 150+ choir. My eyes welled
up as I thought of Revelation and the Amens in
heaven.

Counting it all joy for beauty. Beauty of the
season. It's all around us. I was struck by the
beauty of the atmosphere in our church for
The Messiah and a drama of his life. Beauty
nourishes. Beauty brings us to worship.


Counting it joy to pray. Many with health issues,
job loss, and joys too ~~ new jobs, houses sold.
From one extreme to the other that we ask of
our Lord to answer with His mercy.


holy experience


2 comments:

podso said...

You put it all well. And what a delightful photo! Emma will always remember this first Messiah (see my post tomorrow)...What a great evening, with gratefulness to your family's participation.

I want to know about those candles.

Thoughts on Life and Millinery. said...

We had an orange kitten who make a practice of lounging about in the Christmas tree, and scaring the bejeebers out of guests when he would decide to depart from his bough.

Funny kitties!