Friday, December 17, 2010

Before I loose my place.......Wendell Berry quote

http://eriewire.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/wendell_berry_imagination1.jpg?w=240&h=320


This is a great book to stir up
your soul this Christmas.
I am not underlining but need
to journal on some of the ideas
and great sentences Berry crafts.

" I have been lucky to have a few
friends with whom my conversation
seems never to resume but to continue,
and Hayden is one of them."

From his essay : My Friend Hayden
( Hayden Carruth, poet and friend :
Great poems in Winter North ...
( out of print)
which Berry attributes as a book
that helped him and he treasures)

" I have become his debtor."

Alas, such friends.

1 comment:

Brenda Williams said...

Alas indeed, dear Bonnie. Merry CHRISTmas to you and yours. May your new year be filled with blessings of love, health and happiness.