Tuesday, February 8, 2011

It's an evening to read


After celebrating finishing this book
yesterday:
MOBY DICK
( excellent descriptive
sentences that made my heart soar.
Students writing journals on it and
quotes in a Common Place Book )
I can read some books for pleasure.
At least for awhile: Thoreau's
Walden awaits! Before that is
Much Ado About Nothing.


"Call me Ishmael."

"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived."

"Friendship is constant in all other things
Save in the office and affairs of love:
Therefore all hearts in love use their own tongues;
Let every eye negotiate for itself
And trust no agen"t.

1 comment:

tonia said...

you finished!

my reading hero. :) enjoy some fun, you deserve it!