Thursday, January 10, 2013

a mother's heart


This mother's heart was warmed tonight with my only son who is NOT married said:
          " I have to get her flowers. It will be a few hours before she can get 
              them in water. Should I get a vase or something?"

Well, later,  I asked his sister (15) how touched I was that he knew to get his girlfriend
                            FLOWERS for their early " 4th anniversary" dinner. 
             She said : " I think he has watched all these years and all the boys say
              the guy who dates ME has got to be good at all those things. High standards!"

We laughed. 
I was touched. 
They came home from dinner out with cupcakes for us from Gigi's Cupcakes.
How did he know I wanted to taste those:



                YUM. Two on the right ( white & choc) plus hazelnut and a choc with 
                                     white icing piled high with tiny choc chips
                    

He was whistling tonight! 
Tomorrow they go to do Indoor Skydiving at the world's largest wind tunnel.

6 comments:

melissa said...

This is so sweet. Annnnd, I didn't know there were Gigi's cupcakes in other places. We have them too. :)

Bonnie said...

I didn't know it is a CHAIN , so to speak. yummmmmm...........

Gail said...

I want to hear about the skydiving!

veryblessed said...

Sweet! I can see how that would touch your heart! Those cupcakes are beautiful & I am sure they were delicious too!

~Tessa

Tina said...

Touching..... You have raised a very thoughtful young man!

podso said...

Oh yes, you've done well with your boys .. and your girl!