Wednesday, January 22, 2014

cold but no snow




another image from Murmuring Cottage tumblr..... nothing like this here
but it certainly is cold. 

I keep thinking of Heidi. 
Going to start rereading it today. 
Going to make some sort of Jamie Oliver soup or chili.
Made Morning Glory Muffins this morning putting in hemp seeds, flax seeds,
nuts, and whole wheat flour and some of the carrot NAKED drink. 
Quite moist.

I always have wanted sheep. 

Rereading DEATH BY LIVING : LIFE IS MEANT TO BE SPENT by 
N.D. Wilson with my students. I cried this morning.  Something touched
me so deeply in the words at the end of chapter 8. Then I passed it 
to my daughter as I had tears. She said, " Oh, no. Now I am going to 
cry too?"

Good for our souls to have tears.

1 comment:

melissa said...

Lovely. The picture and your words.