Monday, October 27, 2014

create silence



I met Lanier two weeks ago in Nashville. I knew she had taken a month
on an island. Hold on . You will want to do the same. It means making 
daily life stop. No chance here at my house! BUT I do love Lanier's writing 
and loved hearing her at Hutchmoot. 


“The present state of the world, the whole of life, is diseased. If I were a doctor and were asked for my advice, I would reply, “Create silence! Bring men to silence. The Word of God cannot be heard in the noisy world of today. Create silence.” —Soren Kierkegaard

You can listen to Lanier and Sarah Clarkson here. 
There is a Part 2 for another hour and worth listening to. 



Long wedding weekend on Cape Cod in early September.
A different kind of silence that enlarged my soul: a wedding. 








2 comments:

Sara at Come Away With Me said...

Thank you for sharing these links, Bonnie. I had not visited Lanier in quite a long time. The audio was interesting too, she and her friend Sarah talking about writing. They do love words and God don't they. I could not listen to the end; got too technical for my attention span. Instead, I am going to sign off and go finish reading The Dean's Watch and experience for myself what they were describing.

Bonnie said...

Oh good! A Goudge ! The sesson was long but very good. You know how that goes.