Saturday, February 28, 2015

When Lions Roar



This is not Aslan or The Lion King but the secret meeting
of Winston Churchill and Joseph Kennedy in the 1930's
at Chartwell, Churchill's home near London. The opening
page has a quote from The Taming of the Shrew:

"Have I not in my time heard lions roar?"

Winston Churchill is quoted : " Some people pretend
to regard me as the British Lion. But I am
not the Lion. I am simply the Roar of the Lion."

This is a good title. I never knew the two families
had a relationship so the book intrigued me. It is
a very long biography of two men who changed the world.
Their wives and sons are shaped by the sense of
duty, loyalty, and ambition. Later,  JFK  finally
meets Churchill on Aristotle Onassis' yacht!
You know the rest of that story with Jackie.

I recommend this book to those who love history,
the Kennedys, and the Churchills. It is the legacy
of two dynasties. I recommend this book to those
who love to hear lions roar!



No comments: