Thursday, June 23, 2016

sixth summer book




She was the blogger of Mundane Faithfulness. I knew she died of cancer so when
I got her book from the library recently, my heart was so hesitant. God is good is
her theme. I got to know her: her disorganization & messiness in her house, her childhood that was filled with fear from a dad who had anger, her becoming a lover of Jesus, then meeting her Jason. Jason writes about all this a few weeks ago here. 

 She has hard questions at the end of each chapter: 

   " Imagine God speaking to you , pointing out moments of grace in your life. What would He show you?"

     " When you pray for God to lift you out of fear and dread, do you truly believe He can and will? Why or why not? What is an example of when He did, and what is an example of when you felt He didn't? How did He show you His goodness in both answers?

GOOD QUOTES:

The imagined fears and worries often break us more than reality.

Fight with kindness.

He's my dad... but he is not the Author of my story.

Your story is the one that could set us all ablaze. ( Dan Allender)

How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard. ( Winnie-the- Pooh, Milne)

My day started with a kit to swab the insides of my mouth to send back to see if I might be a bone marrow donor for my #3 oldest brother. My afternoon had no call about an interview my daughter had for a job at a restaurant when she would hear by today  plus my oldest son turned down a very low paying teaching  job as he waits to hear back from other schools to teach math to middle schoolers. They are trying to trust God's goodness. 

My evening ended with Kara's story. 

I need truth tellers all around me to speak the goodness of grace that will meet me on both sides of the tender veil. 



No comments: